Thursday, August 18, 2005

London

When I got to London I wasn't sure that this is where I wanted to be. Since I left Syria I've just spent all of my time feeling out of place and a little lost. I miss the friendliness of Damascus, the way that people are inviting and take time to talk to you and treat you like a person. There's not much of that in the US or in the UK and I think that's a big hole in society. Whereas Syrians genuinely care about their neighbors, I feel like Americans and Brits would prefer not to have neighbors.

Now that I've been in London about a month, I'm feeling a little better about being here and possibly calling London home. People here are rude as hell but I think having a few people here I really care about makes up for that.

1 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Dr.Moi said...

glad you're feeling more settled. i hope you're taking time to enjoy london amid all of life's craziness. job-hunting is stressful and annoying, but the vast possibilities of opportunity can also be exciting.

unrelatedly, what music are you listening to these days? i'm always looking for new albums but am constantly disappointed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home