Friday, September 09, 2005

Dreamboat

I'm currently temping as a recruiter and recently received a resume I decided I loved. I loved it because the guy was a definite over-achiever, he had founded his own company, he traveled a lot, he listed 'sustainable development' as one of his interests (that made me laugh, actually), he has earned salaries twice as high as I'll probably ever earn, and he's 30 and single. My colleague and I started joking about how I was turning the recruitment consultancy business into a dating business once I decided I heart-ed the resume, and I became increasingly interested in meeting this man.

Luckily, we have to interview him.

Today was the day of his interview, 15.00, and at 15.01 I turned to my colleague and said 'he's late.'

He turned up less than 10 minutes later, apologized, and explained that it's been quite some time since he's taken London Transport, as he hasn't lived here for 5 years. My colleague and I couldn't have cared less. We were just glad he turned up. The resume I loved looked even better in person. He was achingly well-spoken and passionate about his interests, fantastic looking, and wore a camel colored coat that draped beautifully. I thought 'Why does he have to be my client? Can I quit my temp job so I can ask him out? It's just a temp job. Surely I'll find another.'

Oh, beautiful men. I've been lamenting the fact that the man I may or may not be seeing has gone missing again but I sometimes forget that there are choices. Just when I've had it with men, in walks a dreamboat like this guy and it's like I've hit the man lottery. Except my winnings are in escrow?

2 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hawt....f#$king hawt...

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Z said...

good blog..love it..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home