Friday, September 15, 2006

One Month

It's been a month since my throidectomy. One of the oddly significant things for me has been that I haven't worn a necklace since I had surgery. I have a horizontal scar a few inches long and, for the moment, wearing anything in that area is pretty irritating. I love my necklaces, and most people would say that I own quite a bit of jewelry. Buying and wearing it is quite a hobby for me.

But because I haven't been wearing necklaces, I haven't worn any other jewelry, either. It would feel odd to wear it when I'm not wearing a necklace. Somehow my jewelry has real comraderie. It's either all or nothing.

1 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had mine done 10 weeks ago and found putting petroleum jelly/paraffin on the scar stopped any irritation as well as softened the scar which has improved considerably over the last two weeks. I wear jewellery sometimes but preferred scarves in
the earlier days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home