Monday, March 28, 2005

Ah, the Doctor

It turns out I had a nasty bacterial infection, which I learned once I visited the doctor. I made the trip to the doctor only because about a week ago I developed a pretty painful ear infection and then one day later got a case of pink eye. I looked like a small disaster and had zero energy, so I managed to drag myself over to the clinic, get some antibiotics (as well as get prescribed several drugs I'm sure I did not need, such as Celebrex), and curl back up in bed.

Though I still have an ear infection, I'm feeling much better than I have been in the past two weeks. Yesterday was the first day I felt somewhat back to normal; it's a remarkably strange feeling to wake up and not feel lethargic and feel sort of cheery, too. I had been so crabby that I thought that was my normal state.

I'm looking forward to having more to write about other than being sick.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While searching for Syrian blogs, I came across yours! To my surprise, I found quite a few blogs, as I assumed that people living in Syria had not caught up with that relatively-speaking new trend.
I read most your previous posts, and found them rather interesting. I could relate to some of your stories, especially the ones where you described how it feels like living in a 'foreign' country, trying to learn a tough language like Arabic, and trying to adapt to a new culture.
I actually lived most of my life in Damascus, and moved to the US almost 5 years ago to pursue my studies.
anyhow, I just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading someone else's perspective about Syria, and that -as of today- you have one more reader!
take care and enjoy your stay in Syria! hope you'll get better.

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger bdure said...

Such a small world. I landed on your blog at random and found it really interesting. You're writing from a part of the world I've never seen, and I appreciate you sharing your experience.

Why is it a small world? I, like you, have a nasty illness with pinkeye at the moment.

Funny coincidences. Hope you feel better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home