Sunday, September 11, 2005

The bad thing about being single, part 1

I just read the Vows section in the New York Times, which is admittedly one of my favorite parts of the paper. I like reading peoples' love stories, even on days like today when I realize that mine just don't exist. Having now determined that the guy I may or may not have been dating has now turned simply into the guy I'm not dating, by nature of the fact that I'll text him about something important to me and he'll text back saying he'll call me, and he doesn't, I was feeling a little melancholy today. I understand that this guy has a complicated life but I feel that shouldn't preclude him from making a two minute phone call.

With this in mind and feeling rather cranky for various other reasons (such as: I'm hungry, my uncle was driving me crazy, I want to see my friend Nic but I have to do my laundry so it couldn't be for long), today I really wanted to be comforted by someone who loves me. And that's where being single begins to suck.

1 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger GraY FoX said...

being single and enjoying it is much better than being commited to someone and worried about every aspect of life .... so enjoy going out and eating ice cream with friends ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home