Saturday, May 07, 2005

little triumphs are all it takes

In a few weeks I will be 28. I've made it this far and have been a journalist, lived on three continents, speak five languages in varying degrees of fluency, have embarassed myself to the point of tears at least five times in my adult life, have finally learned how to dance, wear great accessories, have a music collection I'm so pleased with I'd happily let you scroll through my iPod, and I'm still not sure if I like dogs.

I had a particularly cringingly embarassing moment over the weekend and related it to a good friend of mine. I pointed out one small detail I thought made my story just a little less embarassing and he said 'little triumphs are all it takes [to make you feel better]'. My life is full of little triumphs I'd like to think make my awful moments a little easier to bear. At least that's what I need to believe today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home