Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Let's Get Lost


Houses on the Barada River, Old City, Damascus
Originally uploaded by HalfPintGirl.
My German friend and I sometimes complain that we always go to the same places in the Old City - Bab Touma (a Christian area), Bab Sharqi (Christian and Armenian area), and Souq Hammidya (the large, vaulted souk) among them. So Saturday we decided to get lost and came across a large, beautiful city door that neither of us had seen before. The Barada river, bounded by houses that nestle against it, flows just outside the gate. It's one of the loveliest sights I've seen in Damascus.

2 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger writeronthewall said...

Wonderful pictures! Keep it up! "Get lost"! ;-)

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anar!! Why didn't you tell me you have a blog from Syria?!? I was so excited to stumble upon it today! I miss you! I wish I could be back there (but not in our freezing apartment). You seem to be having an amazing time. I can't wait to see you back here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home