Sunday, November 27, 2005

Three Staropramens to the Wind

Oof. Am drunk. Had three Staropramens with my good friend Hannes and am already at the point where I’m starting sentences and forgetting what I had started them with.

I had a lovely time with Hannes. He’s the sort of guy I’d like to be dating, if only he liked me. He likes spending Sunday afternoons in pubs. We wandered around Spitalfields Market for a while, then made our way over to Brick Lane, where we ran into two of his friends. Freezing after having been outside for a while, we all headed to a bar to get a pint and Hannes and I ended up staying there for hours talking about Middle Eastern politics, techno, and studying. We had three pints, by which point I was thoroughly at the moment where I wanted to lean over to kiss Hannes. We went to get salt beef bagels.

Hannes told me rumor has it that the man I’m sweet on had an affair with one of his students. Not so surprising, I suppose but it was still difficult to keep a straight face when he told me that. Okay, I’m dismayed to hear it. It’s not like any of the men I’ve liked recently have been good for me or good people, but oh please, just once could I fall for an upstanding guy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home