Saturday, November 26, 2005

Ugh, I'm Sweet on Him

Last night my friend Natalie asked me about a man I like, someone I’m in a very nebulous relationship with, one that seems to be petering out slowly as I approach my moving date. I stuttered trying to explain how I feel about him, repeatedly saying ‘I don’t know’ confusedly. She laughed and said ‘You’re so sweet on him.’ I looked at her and realized that I am sweet on him, that I’m sweet on someone who’s as completely inappropriate for me as say, a frilly dress.

The thing is, you can never predict whom you might like. In the past year I’ve discovered that all these rules I’ve had about who I would and wouldn’t date have gone out the window. Smokers, divorced, fathers, non college-educated: they’ve all popped up in my life recently and I’ve enjoyed spending time with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home