Monday, October 17, 2005

Job News

Well, after that last post it was bound to happen. I got offered a job on Thursday; I'm really excited about it as it was quite unexpected and lovely. Now I'm in the position where I don't yet know if I'll take it. First, it's in Doha (which sounds great but also means uprooting myself for the third time in a year, or something like that - I'm beginning to lose count) and second, it's for a job I actually didn't interview for so, while I know somewhat vaguely what the position entails, I don't know the specifics of it.

One of the things that I keep thinking about is that I have no compelling reason to stay in London other than just a desire to. I have good friends in London, I'm in love with the city, and I feel at home. What I consider compelling is someone giving me a reason to stay, though, and I just don't have that. I never have that, which makes my life both interesting and lonely. It gives me the freedom to move but at the same time it almost compels me to move.

1 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger writeronthewall said...

Congrats Anar!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home