Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Doha, at Last, Part II

After I picked out my apartment, I went to one of the large shopping centers here to get some things for it. I had thought that my apartment came with kitchen supplies such as pots and pans, sheets, pillows, and so on, but it didn't, so I had to purchase a few things.

In the evening I went out to dinner with two co-workers, Tim and Sarah, and Sarah's husband. We ended up finding a lovely Syrian restaurant which I hope I can find again soon because it was delicious and cheap. The fattyr was not as good as in Damascus, nor was the juice, but it was still tasty, and the schwarma was excellent.

It was a good end to my day, a little Syrian comfort in strange Doha.

1 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, that was my favorite line of all time:

"It was a good end to my day, a little Syrian comfort in strange Doha."

I don't think it's possible for anyone to say that. Ever.

You are the most brave and adventurous person I have ever met. You should know, and I mean this with upmost sincerity...

You. Are. My. Hero.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home