Sunday, May 22, 2005

Oh Fun!

Traveling around with my parents is really nice. It's great to see them get excited about Syria; it makes me excited about being here. We've traveled to Aleppo, the Dead Cities, to Byblos and Beirut in Lebanon, and to Palmyra. It's been quite an extensive and fun trip. They like to do a lot of the things I like to do, to: eat well, walk around, get some juice, see some history.

One of the best parts has been seeing my dad walk around without any problems for the first time in over 5 years. He had knee problems the past several years, making it difficult for him to walk. After undergoing two knee replacements over a period of three years, though, he's walking like he used to before any of the problems started. He's been scrambling over rocks, running up and down stairs, walking kilometers, and jumping into cabs with no problems. He's really been enjoying himself because of that, and that makes me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home